Weeknight meals don’t have to be boring.
This is an easy meal to assemble, and I generally have the ingredients on hand.
The rice cooks while the vegetables and sauce are on the stove, and after the chopping is done, the work is over. It’s a simple dish that leaves leftovers, so it’s perfect for a weekday dinner. There’s always enough for at least one of us to have it for lunch the next day, too.
Green Curry with Cauliflower, Zucchini, and Red Pepper
- 1/4 c vegetable oil, divided
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 T Thai green curry paste
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 T fish sauce (a vegetarian variety made with mushrooms is recommended for vegetarians)
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 zucchini cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into matchsticks
- 8 ounces snap peas
- 2 T lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 c cooked jasmine rice
- chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Heat 2 T oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and curry paste and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, adn bring to a simmer.
3. Stir in zucchini, bell pepper, and snap peas, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
4. Uncover and cookuntil sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over rice, garnish with cilantro.