Weeks come and go so quickly. I haven’t had as much time as I would have liked for “interneting” lately, which is why I missed a week of weekend reading and am rather late to the game with this edition. A conference for work and then a week full of programming have taken up most of my time. Not that I’m complaining that I get to go to a Supernatural fan event and Star Wars Reads Day for like, my job.
Here are the great posts I came across while drinking my coffee and eating oatmeal instead of donuts this Sunday morning.
- First off, let’s talk important news. The Marceline spinoff of Adventure Time has a release date.
- Love this post at Bring My Books pairing characters from books and Vans shoes. Just my style.
- This is a great round up of campus novels at Fourth Street Review.
- What does it mean to be a “strong female character?” Rhiannon at Feminist Fiction discusses the trope and good examples of how sometimes “strength” can take a mental toll on a character. Pair with a essay I wrote ages ago about “what we talk about when we talk about strong heroines.”
- I am so happy that more people are accepting plus size as beautiful and really enjoyed this guest post at Witty Title Here from Anna of Collection of Imperfections about body positivity.
- Definitely saving this Austin restaurant guide for next time I visit friends down south.
- Ugh, I get so annoyed when people hate on what teenage girls love.
- I really, really want an excuse for some sort of hand drawn map from Alexandra. Her calligraphy is beautiful!
Hope you had a great weekend!