How was your week? It’s hard to believe it’s over. I’ve been frantically trying to catch up enough on work + life things because I’m heading to Chicago for Book Expo America next week to hang out with lots of bookish friends and generally be rather bookish. I’ll have one day to hang out in the city doing touristy things, which will inevitably mean checking out the Art Institute and finding a good place to eat. Then it’s off to California for two weeks to visit my sister in San Francisco and my brother in LA. So if you have any suggestions for fun things to do in Chicago, San Francisco, or LA, let me know!
Other than an impromptu picnic with Mister BS when we had to venture to Johnson County to return some containers I’d bought thinking they’d work for displays at the library to The Container Store, the week was pretty uninteresting. I feel like we stand out A LOT when we are in the Leawood area and especially at Town Center. Maybe it was because Mister BS liked to say a little too loudly “I can’t even contain myself!” while Johnson County moms fresh from their Barre classes peer at him curiously. I don’t know.
Mister BS did also convince me to try out Snapchat – which he LOVES. My ultra-creative username is: mollywetta
This weekend will be busy – my brother is in town to take mom out for Mother’s Day, and we’re planning on chilling at The Raphael (mom’s favorite hotel on the Plaza) and visiting the Nelson-Atkins Museum. Then a trip to see the inlaws and a sangria party with friends (which I have to remember I said I’d make cupcakes for!).
Here’s some articles and blog posts for your reading pleasure:
- I’m officially a literary mixologist pairing cocktails with books. Don’t miss my first in this monthly series at Book Riot, where I paired cocktails with Karen Russell books.
- My good friend Becca has an amazing blog where she focuses on children’s books and fun activities. Check out her ultimate guide to picture books about weather.
- Kerry at Entomology of a Bookworm has a roundup of May new releases in fiction.
- Feel like you never have enough time to read? Cat from Oddly Lovely has some great tips.
- I’d never have thought of doing a tequila-wine punch like this Sparkling Clementine Sangrita, but I’m interested to try it because I do love Izze (and other sparkling juices).
That’s all for me! Have a great weekend.